TELL YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS: “NO SWAPS”
If you believe that American tax dollars should be spent only on American-made products, and that we all benefit when local jobs go to local workers, tell your elected officials, “NO SWAPS!”
The “Federal-Aid Swap” program is a crooked tool to bypass federal construction laws that protect local workers, require the use of American materials, and provide opportunities for veterans, women, and people of color to bid on local projects.
This program would result in:
- Promoting foreign steel over American steel
- Less work for local contractors
- Loss of jobs for local workers
- Lower wages for skilled construction workers
- Less economic activity in the region
- $27 million in federal dollars lost from the Quad Cities region
- Harder for veterans, women, and people of color to work in the trades
The power to stop the “Federal-Aid Swap” rests with your local elected officials as part of the Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs). The MPO in our region is the Quad Cities Transportation Policy Committee.
Tell your local elected officials and members of the MPO, “NO SWAPS!” Click the links below to either call or email your representatives and urge them to take action today!
Your MPO is expected to vote on the “Federal-Aid Swap” on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at noon. Tell them, “NO SWAPS!”